This article is for *administrators*
Related Features: Showing Configuration, Manage Lock Boxes, Manage Users
One of our handiest showing-related features is a smart integration with SentriLock, which works by providing access to a property via the SentriKey & SentriConnect apps, or via One Day Codes (in that order).
Admins may be asked to configure showing instructions and manage lockboxes, but listing agents are also able to add, delete & edit existing lockboxes on BrokerBay.
This article will outline how to troubleshoot common Sentrilock issues such as the inability to assign a SentriLock lockbox to an agent or a lockbox serial number not populating in the showing configuration screen.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Verification is the only major part of the troubleshooting process where a user with admin access to BrokerBay is required in order to ensure that the listing agent's board & member ID are correct in their profile.
If you are an agent and are having trouble with your lockbox due to your Unverified status, please reach out to a front desk administrator or office manager for assistance.
- To get started, confirm that the agent does not have the below warning above the Member Numbers section of their profile:
- Confirm that the agent's member number is associated with the same board the lockbox is assigned to on the SentriKey app or website.
- Ensure that the agent's name & email address match the spelling and formatting they have on the board.
Once you've confirmed that the listing agent's member information is in order, you can assign the lockbox to them using BrokerBay's lockbox manager—so long as the lockbox has already been assigned to the correct agent and property in SentriKey.
If it wasn't, you may encounter a "SentriLock: The listing agent on SentriLock system does not have an access to the lockbox" error message when attemtping to sync the lockbox on BrokerBay.
Assigning a missing SentriLock lockbox
If a SentriLock lockbox has already been properly assigned to the listing agent, you will see the lockbox's serial number appear in the listing's showing configuration screen under "Select Lockbox" after choosing SentriLock from the Access dropdown.
If you encounter a "No lockboxes found" message or don't see the correct serial number in the dropdown, this means that the lockbox has not yet been assigned (or assigned correctly) to the listing agent.
First, confirm that the lockbox is assigned to the correct board, MLS number & listing agent in the SentriLock portal.
Once the lockbox is correctly configured in SentriKey, navigate to the lockbox manager in BrokerBay by selecting from the user account menu at the top right of your screen.
- Search for the lockbox by serial number and ensure that the lockbox is assigned to an agent from the same board it's registered with. If the lockbox is not assigned to the correct listing agent, delete it.
- To assign the lockbox to a new agent, click + New Lock Box.
- Select SentriLock from the Brand dropdown and the listing agent's name from the Assign to Agent dropdown.
- Ensure that the desired lockbox's serial number is checked off under Available Boxes and click the blue Sync Lock Boxes button.
- Return to the listing's showing configuration screen and add the lockbox by selecting the appropriate serial number in the access instructions section and clicking Save.
How to: Set Up SentriLock
Board verification & workarounds
The above error message ("SentriLock: Failed to create a new listing on SentriLock") populates when you try to add a lockbox to a listing that is not a part of—or combined with—a listing on an authorized board.
This tells you that the board associated with this listing has not authorized SentriLock access in their district.
- TRREB, BRREA & a handful of other boards have not authorized smart integration for SentriLock.
- Combining a listing from a non-authorized board with one of the below authorized boards/associations is recommended to enable SentriLock access, where possible.
Associations that have authorized smart integration with SentriLock & One Day Codes (USA):
- REcolorado (all associations)
- Eastern Connecticut Association of Realtors (ECAR)
- MIBOR Realtor Association (MIBOR)
Boards that have authorized smart integration with SentriLock & One Day Codes (Canada):
- Barrie & District (BDAR)
- Cambridge (CAR)
- Guelph & District
- Kitchener-Waterloo (KWAR)
- Mississauga (MREB)
- Niagara (NAR)
- Peterborough (PKAR)
- Southern Georgian Bay (SGBAR)
- The Lakelands (LAR)
Based on the needs of your brokerage and the preferences of the listing agent, there are two ways to proceed from here, should you encounter the above issue.
Option 1: Double up with a secondary board listing & the combine tool
- List the property on secondary (SentriLock-authorized) board.
- Combine the original listing with the secondary listing from an authorized board. SentriLock's smart integration will work as intended on listings that have been combined in this way.
*Note: If you are an agent without admin access, an admin's help is required to combine the duplicate listings on BrokerBay.
Option 2: Manual workaround
- Change the Access Type to "Lock Box" using the dropdown on the showing configuration screen.
- In the Lock Box Instructions field, type "SentriLock."
- In the access comment box below, type a message along the lines of: **ATTN - AGENTS** please ask LA/office to provide you with SentriConnect access to lockbox.
TROUBLESHOOTING & FAQS
I've run into a different error than the ones mentioned in this article—what should I do?
If you encounter a SentriLock error that cannot be solved using the troubleshooting steps above, please reach out to email@example.com for further assistance.