2 min read | This article is for *Administrators*
One of our handiest showing-related features is smart integration with SentriLock, which works by providing access to a property via the SentriKey & SentriConnect apps, or via One Day Codes (in that order).
Admins may be asked to configure showing instructions and manage lockboxes. Listing agents can also add, delete & edit existing lockboxes on BrokerBay.
This article will outline how to troubleshoot common Sentrilock issues such as the inability to assign a SentriLock lockbox to an agent or a lockbox serial number not populating in the Showing Configuration Screen.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Agent Verification
- Assigning a Missing SentriLock Box
- Board Verification & Workarounds
- Troubleshooting & FAQs
Verification is the only major part of the troubleshooting process where an Admin with a BrokerBay account is required. Admins can ensure that the listing agent's board & member ID are correct in their profile.
If you are an agent and are having trouble with your lockbox due to your Unverified status, please reach out to your front desk administrator or office manager for assistance.
- To get started, confirm that the agent does not have the below warning above the Member Numbers section of their profile:
- Confirm that the agent's member number is associated with the same board the lockbox is assigned to on the SentriKey app or website.
- Ensure that the agent's name & email address match the spelling and formatting they have on the board.
Once you've confirmed that the listing agent's information is in order, you can assign the lockbox to them using BrokerBay's lockbox manager—keep in mind the lockbox needs to be assigned to the correct agent and property in SentriKey before it can be added in BrokerBay.
If it wasn't, you may encounter a "SentriLock: The listing agent on SentriLock system does not have an access to the lockbox" error message when attemtping to sync the lockbox on BrokerBay.
Assigning a Missing SentriLock Box
If a SentriLock box has already been assigned to the listing agent, you will see the lockbox's serial number appear in the listing's Showing Configuration screen under "Select Lockbox" after choosing SentriLock from the Access dropdown.
If you encounter a "No lockboxes found" message or don't see the correct serial number in the dropdown, this means that the lockbox has not yet been assigned (or assigned correctly) to the listing agent.
First, confirm that the lockbox is assigned to the correct board, MLS number & listing agent in the SentriLock portal.
Once the lockbox is correctly configured in SentriKey, navigate to the Admin tab and select Manage Lock Boxes.
- Search for the lockbox by serial number and ensure that the lockbox is assigned to an agent from the same board it's registered with. If the lockbox is not assigned to the correct listing agent, you can delete it.
- To assign the lockbox to a new agent, click + New Lock Box.
- Select SentriLock from the Brand dropdown menu and the listing agent's name from the Assign to Agent dropdown menu.
- Ensure that the lockbox's serial number is checked off under Available Boxes and click the blue Sync Lock Boxes button.
- Return to the listing's Showing Configuration screen and add the lockbox by selecting the appropriate serial number in the Access Instructions section and clicking Save.
The above error message ("SentriLock: Failed to create a new listing on SentriLock") populates when you try to add a lockbox to a listing that is not a part of—or combined with—a listing on an authorized board.
This tells you that the board associated with this listing has not authorized SentriLock access in their district.
- TRREB, BRREA & a handful of other boards have not authorized smart integration for SentriLock (Canadian Market).
- Combining a listing from a non-authorized board with one of the below-authorized boards/associations is recommended to enable SentriLock access, where possible.
Associations that have authorized smart integration with SentriLock & One Day Codes (USA):
- REcolorado (all associations)
- Eastern Connecticut Association of Realtors (ECAR)
- MIBOR Realtor Association (MIBOR)
Boards that have authorized smart integration with SentriLock & One Day Codes (Canada):
- Barrie & District (BDAR)
- Guelph & District (GDAR)
- Mississauga (MREB)
- Niagara (NAR)
- Peterborough (PKAR)
- The Lakelands (LAR)
- Waterloo Region Association of Realtors (WRAR) via CAR (Cambridge) or KWAR (Kitchener-Waterloo)
Based on the needs of your brokerage and the preferences of the listing agent, there are two ways to proceed from here.
Option 1: Double up with a secondary board listing & the combined tool
- List the property on a secondary (SentriLock-authorized) board.
- Combine the original listing with the secondary listing from an authorized board. SentriLock's smart integration will work as intended on listings that have been combined in this way.
*Note: If you are an agent without admin access, an admin's help is required to combine the duplicate listings on BrokerBay.
Option 2: Manual workaround
- Change the Access Type to "Lock Box" using the dropdown on the showing configuration screen.
- In the Lock Box Instructions field, type "SentriLock."
- In the access comment box below, type a message along the lines of: **ATTN - AGENTS** please ask LA/office to provide you with SentriConnect access to lockbox.
I've run into a different error than the ones mentioned in this article—what should I do?
If you encounter a SentriLock error that cannot be solved using the troubleshooting steps above, please reach out to email@example.com for further assistance.
How to: Set Up SentriLock