This article is for *administrators*
Getting There: Admin Tab → Manage Users
Every licensed user on your platform will have multiple statuses associated with their account. These statuses indicate whether their profile has been verified at board level, as well as whether they are active and able to log in.
This article will walk you through the different user status types you'll encounter, their limitations, and troubleshooting tips!
IN THIS ARTICLE
Types of user statuses
In the Status column of your Manage Users folder, you will have the ability to filter and display users by their respective status.
Active & Inactive users
- Active: An enabled user that can successfully log into and use BrokerBay without any restrictions. You will see an tag beside the user's profile.
- Inactive: A user that has had their profile deactivated on BrokerBay. This means that the user is unable to log in (although they will still be able to receive front desk chat messages). You will see an tag beside the user's profile.
Verified & Unverified usersBrokerBay uses board data feeds to verify agent information.
- Verified: An agent whose member number, board designation, and brokerage name at board level match the information in their BrokerBay profile. A verified user has the ability to use the platform to its full capabilities (unless they are not activated).
- Unverified: A licensed agent whose details do not appear in your brokerage's data feeds. Although this user will be able to successfully log in, they will have limitations on their use of the platform as we cannot verify their member number.
Usage & limitations
An unverified user will have limited access to BrokerBay's functionality. Because they are not recognized by the system as a verified agent:
- They will not appear in the agent search roster for showings or offers
- They will not be able to book a showing or resister an offer for themselves
**Note: Unverified agents will see a modal telling them that they cannot complete these actions, while unverified licensed admins can still book a showing or register an offer on behalf of others (but not themselves).
- When calling the office to book a showing, these agents will always have to be added as custom users and therefore receive confirmations by office only (not by email)
You can spot an unverified user by looking out for the tag!
Why Am I Unverified?
TROUBLESHOOTING & FAQS
Why is this user unverified?
To troubleshoot unverified users, you will need to go on their BrokerBay profile and confirm the below information:
- Ensure that the user's member number is correct (remember, member numbers are case sensitive).
- Double-check that the user's board designation matches the board they are a part of.
- Search for the agent's name at board level to ensure that they are actually part of your brokerage.
- Once you have verified all of the above information, please wait 24 hours for the rosters to update.
If you are still experiencing issues the following morning, please contact email@example.com so we can help you troubleshoot further!
How do I deactivate a user?
Navigate to the Admin tab → Manage Users → click on user → turn "Deactivate user login" toggle ON.
To reactivate a user, turn the same toggle OFF.