2 min read | This article is for *Agents*
Getting There: Log in to BrokerBay
Are you seeing your BrokerBay account profile with an Unverified tag mentioning that you're not verified by your brokerage data feeds?
BrokerBay relies on your board/MLS agent roster data to verify your identity and based on that provide you with full BrokerBay platform access.
An unverified user will have limited access to the BrokerBay platform - Read on to learn why your account may be unverified, what you can and cannot do while unverified, as well as how to troubleshoot & verify your account.
IN THIS ARTICLE
As an agent, your account can be unverified for a number of reasons:
Your Agent License is currently parked
Your Member ID does not appear within your brokerage's data feeds because your transfer to that brokerage has not yet been processed on the board/MLS level
The Member ID in your profile is incorrect (please note that Member IDs are case-sensitive)
The board designation in your BrokerBay profile does not match the board that you belong to as seen on your MLS agent profile
The Brokerage Office ID that you belong to on the board has not yet been added to your brokerage platform is managed elsewhere in another separate brokerage platform
Unverified agents have restricted access to BrokerBay. As an unverified user, what can you do on BrokerBay?
While you are unverified, you:
- Will not appear in the Search Agent roster in the Book Showing screen
- Cannot book a showing or register an offer for yourself—these actions must be processed on your behalf by an Admin or Listing Agent entering you as an unverified Custom Contact
- Will not receive confirmation emails for buyer showings. As an unverified Custom Contact Showing Agent, you'll be delivered showing confirmation via your Office.
Unverified agents will still be able to log into the BrokerBay mobile app, where the same restrictions will apply.
How do I know if my account is unverified?
There are a couple of ways to tell if your agent account is unverified:
- Navigate to your Account Settings from your profile dropdown. You will see a yellow Unverified tag at the top of your profile as well as a banner explaining that your Member ID does not appear in your brokerage's data feeds.
- When you try to book a showing, you'll be met with a notice indicating that your account has not yet been verified.
How do I verify my account?
Refer to the Why Am I Unverified explanation above to learn why your account may be unverified.
If you believe your Member ID should be appearing in your brokerage's data feeds, ask one of your administrators to help you confirm that your associated board & Member ID are correct in your profile.
Once you have confirmed that the information in your profile is accurate, please reach out to email@example.com so our team can continue to troubleshoot.
I'm a licensed admin—can I still book showings for other agents if my account is unverified?
Yes! If you are an unverified licensed admin, you will still be able to perform administrative tasks within the system, such as booking showings for other agents.
You will not be able to book showings or register offers for yourself, and your profile will not appear in the agent roster on the booking screen.