- 6 min read | This article is for *administrators* & *agents*
- Getting There (as an admin): Admin Tab --> Manage Lock Boxes
- Getting There (as an agent): Profile Picture (top-right, click for dropdown menu) --> Lock Boxes
- Looking to set up SentriKey or SentriConnect with your listing? Curious about One Day Codes? You've come to the right place! As an administrator or listing agent, you may need to set up SentriLock boxes - and integrate it with the showing booking process.
This article will walk you through:
- Syncing SentriLock to BrokerBay, via Manage Lock Boxes
- How to attach a SentriLock box to a listing via Showing Configuration
- How SentriLock works it's magic & the available access type options
The first step to setting up your SentriLock box isn't on BrokerBay at all! First, you'll have to ensure that your lock box has been set up correctly on the SentriLock portal.
To learn about this & for more SentriLock troubleshooting resources, visit SentriLock's support here.
1. Add the SentriLock box to BrokerBay
- Click on your Profile --> Lock Boxes.
Agents & administrators have access to this function. Administrators can also access this page via the Admin Tab --> Manage Lockboxes.
- You may already see the SentriLock Box Serial # that you are looking for here. If you do not, add the lockbox via New Lockbox.
- All you need to add a lock box is agent it has been assigned to. Please ensure that this information is also accurate on the SentriLock Portal.
- Once you you'll be ready to assign the SentriLock access instructions on your listing!
2. Adding SentriLock to your Showing Instructions
- My Brokerage tab --> Locate the Listing
- Eyeball Tool --> Configure Showings
- Access Type --> SentriLock (see below).
This contains our smart-integration which will aim to trigger SentriKey or SentriConnect access to the showing agent.
How Do One Day Codes Work?
- If the listing board accepts One Day Codes, you'll have the option to automatically send out a One Day Code to the showing agent in addition to providing bluetooth access, through SentriKey & SentriConnect.
- Due to SentriLock's One Day Code backend logic, it's not possible to schedule a showing or appraisal that is greater than twelve (12) days into the future when One Day Code is enabled.
- As workarounds; we recommend having it toggled off, scheduling those future showings manually or outright removing SentriLock for an alternate lockbox method.
How does SentriLock grant access to the showing agent?
Once you have selected the SentriLock option, you will then be prompted to select a SentriLock box serial #, and validate it.
You will know if your SentriLock access has been set up correctly once you see a validation check mark as per below:
Depending on the showing agent, our smart integration will grant access by:
- Providing SentriKey access. This will show up in the showing history log as SentriLock: Add_Appointment.
If the showing agent is not of the same board (and is out of town), our integration will then:
- Grant SentriConnect access. This will show up in the showing history log as SentriLock: Sentri_Connect.
This will give access to the showing agent if they are considered out-of-town.
- Finally, the system will release a manual access option in the form of a One Day Code.
The showing agent must have access to the SentriKey® Real Estate or SentriConnect® apps (depending on if they are a same board or out of board agent) if One Day Code is not enabled or doesn't appear as an option on the Showing Configuration screen.
If there was a failure to grant access, this shows up as SentriLock: Unauthorized.
- BrokerBay is Access By Appointment (ABA) which will ensure safety within the industry. With ABA, agents can only open the lockbox within their showing time.
- Using SentriKey or SentriConnect is a simple bluetooth action. Little effort is required from both the administrative, listing agent and showing agent perspective!
- Lock box access can be revoked at a moment's notice via the SentriKey® Real Estate website or mobile app.
For further assistance, see our troubleshooting article here.