5 min read | This article is for *Administrators*
Getting There: Admin Tab → Manage Lock Boxes
As an administrator you may need to set up SentriLock boxes - and integrate it with the showing booking process. Looking to assist your agent setup a SentriLock lockbox for their listing? Curious about One Day Codes? You've come to the right place!
Your more independent agents can reference the agent-facing article: How Do I Set Up SentriLock for My Listings?
This article will walk you through how to sync lockboxes to BrokerBay, how to attach it to your agent's BrokerBay listing, and more details on the integration.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Initial SentriKey Setup
- Sync SentriLock Lockboxes to BrokerBay
- Configure Listing Access Type with SentriLock
- How Does SentriLock Grant Access to the Showing Agent?
The first step to setting up SentriLock lockboxes isn't on BrokerBay at all! First, you'll have to ensure that the agent's lockbox has been set up correctly on the SentriKey portal.
- From your Profile Dropdown, click Lock Boxes.
As an administrator, you can also access this page via the Admin tab's Manage Lockboxes page.
- You may already see the SentriLock Box Serial # that you are looking for here. If you do not, add the lockbox via + New Lock Box.
- All you need to add a lockbox is the agent it has been assigned to. Please ensure that this information is also accurate on the SentriLock Portal.
If correctly assigned and setup within SentriLock Portal, having selected the listing agent, their lockboxes will be visible for syncing.
- Once you select the lockboxes and click you'll be ready to assign the SentriLock access instructions on the agent's listing!
- Enter the listing’s Showing Configuration page (BrokerBay Listing → Showings tab → Showing Configuration)
- Select SentriLock from the Access Type: dropdown options
This contains our smart-integration which will aim to trigger SentriKey or SentriConnect access to the showing agent.
- Select the lockbox’s Serial Number.
You will know if the SentriLock access has been set up correctly once you see a validation check mark as shown below:
Save your Showing Configuration page.
If you're having trouble getting the One Day Code to display or encountering another issue, please refer to our troubleshooting quick-read.
If the listing board accepts One Day Codes, you'll have the option to automatically send out a One Day Code to the showing agent in addition to providing bluetooth access, through SentriKey & SentriConnect.
Due to SentriLock's One Day Code backend logic, when One Day Code is enabled, it isn't possible to schedule a showing or appraisal any more than two weeks in advance (-14 days) when One Day Code is enabled.
- Workaround I: Toggle One Day Code off & schedule those future showings manually
- Workaround II: Remove SentriLock, opting for an alternate lockbox method.
Depending on the showing agent, our smart integration will grant access by:
- Providing SentriKey access. This will show up in the showing history log as SentriLock: Add_Appointment.
If the showing agent is not of the same board (and is out of town), our integration will then:
- Finally, the system will release a manual access option in the form of a One Day Code.
The showing agent must have access to the SentriKey® Real Estate or SentriConnect® apps (depending on if they are a same board or out-of-board agent) if One Day Code is not enabled or doesn't appear as an option on the Showing Configuration screen.
If there was a failure to grant access, this shows up as SentriLock: Unauthorized.
- BrokerBay is Access By Appointment (ABA) which will ensure safety within the industry. With ABA, agents can only open the lockbox within their showing time.
- Using SentriKey or SentriConnect is a simple bluetooth action. Little effort is required from both the administrative, listing agent and showing agent perspective!
- Lockbox access can be revoked at a moment's notice via the SentriKey® Real Estate website or mobile app.
For further assistance, see our troubleshooting article here.