2 min read | This article is for *administrators*
Accessing Feature: Admin Tab --> Create Listing
Once you have received the necessary paperwork from your agent, you can proceed with adding an Exclusive Listing into the platform! All you will have to do is access the Create Listing button through your Admin Tab.
Valid submitted paperwork, and completed mandatory fields (price, address, etc.) are required to load an exclusive. Your agent can revisit the listing once it has gone live to make any edits or additions.
In Step 3 of loading the listing, you select who it is visible to:
- Draft: This means only Administrators and the Listing Agent will be able to view this listing. Use this for hands-on agents who will want to make edits before the listing goes live.
- Publish to My Brokerage: The listing will be visible under the My Brokerage Tab, which means all agents within your Brokerage will be able to view this listing (agents can still edit the listing while live).
Once an Exclusive Listing is created, a few things will happen:
- It will appear under the Listing Agent's Dashboard tab, and they will be notified of their listing being loaded.
- It is now visible under the Brokerage tab (unless the Listing Agent has specifically requested that the listing be loaded as draft).
- Everyone who has opted in to receive alerts regarding new Exclusive listings has been notified.
Please note that your agents can also upload listings on their own!
When a listing agent chooses to create a listing, they will first have to upload paperwork for administrative review.
The process works as follows:
- Agent uploads paperwork.
- Admin then reviews this under the Paperwork tab in the Admin Queue:
- Once the paperwork has been approved, listing agents will be able to share their listing with the brokerage.
Coming Soon Listings
Coming Soon listings are a special type of Exclusive listing that can be created in BrokerBay. They allow agents to showcase upcoming MLS listings to the rest of their brokerage prior to the property being broker-loaded on the board, testing the market and collecting feedback for their sellers.
These listings differ slightly from regular Exclusive listings in that they have a coming soon date in addition to an expiry date.
Once the coming soon date has passed, Coming Soon listings become inactive and disappear from your brokerage view—they can no longer be edited or have appointments booked on them. For this reason please ensure that the coming soon date lines up with the date the MLS listing is scheduled to become available.
What happens when the MLS listing goes live?
When their MLS counterpart reaches the system, the Coming Soon listing is prompted to show up in the Duplicates tab of the Admin Queue so that you can merge over showing instructions, appointments, feedback, and offers to the MLS listing as needed.
(If it doesn’t appear in the Duplicates tab, you can also manually merge the two via Admin --> Merge / Combine Listings. You’ll find more info on this tool here: Merging and Combining Listings).